Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Texas livin'

A quick update: our scouting trip last week was successful! We found a lovely, older home in a north Dallas burb (Plano) and put in an offer. The owner countererd and we accepted. The inspector comes on Monday and if all goes well, we will close October 26! The home is so lovely and has many updates. It has mature trees in the front and back, is 1800 sq.ft, has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, hardwood floors in the living and dining room, crown molding, an open kitchen and a pool in the back. I could go on and on. I'll post pics of it when it's finally a done deal.

The movers come at the end of this week and we fly out this weekend. Hard to believe! Things are coming together here and I'm working on packing for our temporary housing and cleaning out the pantry and fridge.

10 comments:

  1. Wowie girl!! Congrats on the house!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that things are starting to fall into place. Praying that you'll have a good last few days in Chicago. Maybe Elise and I should come visit - although Shel will probably murder me if I don't come see her first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are super excited to have you guys back in Texas! And a house with a pool? I know where the summer get-togethers will be!! We can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yipee my new neighbors...g can't wait for mags to come back over.

    hope this week goes well and you get some good times with your friends there in Chicago.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your sweet comments. congrats on the big move. who does aron work for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for being so close to us! Let us know if you need any help once you get here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! What a whirlwind! Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That was fast. I know Chicago will miss you all, but God has great things in store for you back in Texas. Way to be a great example of following God's calling on your lives. And...you better start swimming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was the fastest process I think I've ever witnesses! That's amazing. Plano sounds great. Still can't believe we were in Irving the same time!!! Have fun packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. (in reference to your comment on my blog...)
    Thanks Suz! I'd love some insight about teaching high school and junior high (I know I'm not cut out for the little ones.) But, I have a feeling you're having a busy week. :) Maybe we can chat or email once you've settled in some more?

    ReplyDelete