Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Company

Dad and mom arrived last night on their 3 week trek across America to the new digs in Florida. We just chilled around the house this morning, then picked Aron up at work for lunch. Dad bought La Madeline...yummy!! We were all saying that such a restaurant would thrive in OC; wonder why they don't have one? After lunch, we returned home to nap. I got up after 1.5 hours, but they are still sleeping. Tomorrow and Friday Shan will take off work, so it'll be fun to trek around, just the 4 of us.

In baby news, I'm growing like crazy it seems. My last day running was Tuesday morning--it's really too uncomfortable now. I've been trying to just deal the last 2-3 weeks when running, but I called it quits on Tuesday. Shan and I got up earlier to go to the gym today (a nice perk of the running was getting up at 5:45am, instead of 5:10am) and do the elliptical...much better!! We'll swim tomorrow--two exercises that are low impact, good for the bebe, and easy on mom. I told Aron last night that I have also felt uncomfortable in general the last several days; I am in month 7, but still...maybe that's too early to feel the way I do? Anyway, it's only going to grow moreso in the weeks ahead...I'm bracing myself.

Finally, I have solidified plans for Aron and my anniversary weekend (we take turns planning it every year). We are going the weekend of September 15, two weeks earlier than our actual anniversary. Details to come, though I do hope this can remain a secret for him.

6 comments:

  1. I am really impressed you ran as long as you did. I remember reading in a Runner's World about a mom who ran right up till she delivered, although it was more of a slow trot, but still, now after going through a pregnancy I'm like "oh my gosh!" Not only would that be so uncomfortable (the weight of your belly going up and down) but how would you not fall over?! I kept up with elliptical and light weights and swimming. The best feeling about swimming is the that you can't feel the heavy belly, but it's so odd when you get out of the water and it's like "bam" there it is again. I'm proud of you for keeping at the exercise -- you're looking totally hot, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming is the best. I took water aerobics classes for mommies to be when I was pregnant. It was a great way to meet other prego moms. We also got some good exercise! Keep it up girl...it will help you get your body back after bebe is born (although you never really do get it totally back). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a big La Madeleine fan, we had 'em in Louisiana. Course, there's a big need for one on the Isle of Wight too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. La, I can't believe that lady ran until birth...that would be crazy and I can't imagine how uncomfortable you'd really be. Ugh. Not for me. I'll stick to my two other outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am amazed that you were able to run for so long! You're a super pregnant woman! I also cannot believe you're as far along as you are--wow, the months are flying by! I've also never seen anyone look as good pregnant as you do--you look like the Hollywood stars that see personal trainers and stay in perfect shape except for the belly bump. I am impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i echo all of the above :) i, too, took a water aerobics class and met a new mommy friend there as well. i can't even run when i'm not pregnant, he he he. so kudos to you awesome suz!
    i've been to le madeleine in h-town. yummo as rachel ray would say. we dig the tomato soup :)

    ReplyDelete