Monday, July 31, 2006

July 31 Musings

The month of July always feels long to me, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's hard to believe that I have extended unemployment time ahead of me. Instead of going back to school on August 11, I will go back who knows when. Maybe never. Maybe once our kiddos are in junior high/high school. Both Aron and I are looking forward to homeschooling them eventually. I'm not sad to not be working; I'm thrilled to embrace the journey of parenthood and be a mama who can stay home with my children. But, it is weird to think that I have been in some form of school my entire life because my work has included the classroom these past 7 years. Now, after 27 years, I will no longer be in that institution. I'm stoked, though, as I do like change (in many ways) and this will be a one for me.

3 comments:

  1. suzanne! you're such a cute pregnant girl. i want to see you when you get here.. and get the long version of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what will you do will all the extra time, suzzers? for starters, just enjoy free time cause it's gonna disapear as soon as bebe elm mckay shows up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often wished I had extensive teaching background in raising my own trio. Your days of educating are far from over (I was ambitious with Caelan and went over addition and subtraction tables with her as an infant--today she pointed out the number 5--it was all worth it!! Hee-hee :o) Enjoy your musing time--I rarely get the chance to complete a simple thought these days, you'll see soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete