Friday, July 14, 2006

New Adventures

I have sworn in the past to be a better blogger and I think I will really do it now. I have some time this summer (already half over!) and I want to use it better. Several bits of big news from the McKays:

*We found out last Friday that our bebe is a little GIRL! CANNOT wait to meet her; I thought boy all along so it was a trip to know it was a girl. She looks very healthy, too.
*Aron has received a promotion with his company, for which we are very excited! It involves relocation back to Mission Viejo and we are taking it. We should be back out there in the next 6-12 weeks. Our little girl will be a CA girl after all. Aron still plans to take online classes for seminary.

God really has a way of leading on this adventure of life. Moving to Dallas 2 years ago we thought we'd be here at least 4-5 years. Seminary, buying our first home, and building a deeper relationship with my sister Shannon and her hubby Steve (as they are our fantastic next-door neighbors) were all the main incentives for the move.

Some reflections: We have cememented an invaluable relationship with S&S in our time here. It's undoubtedly my (and I think Aron would fully agree) favourite thing about our move to Texas. Close behind is our church...we have grown as a couple through the teachings of our pastor and the fellowship of our Life Group. I was able to teach 1 year in public schools--and loved it (who knew!?). Aron finished only one semester of seminary (who knew!?). God. It's pretty amazing to me how He will guide us in one direction under a certain premise and then along the adventure, He shows us more clearly why He is doing what He is doing (i.e. moving us to Texas for other reasons). I do know that we were both prety sure that Aron would have graduated by the time we moved away, but hey, we know He is moving and we are truly thrilled about parenthood and being back in SoCal.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet my neice! If only I could stitch her name on a pillow... ;)

    It's neat to look back to two years ago and see how God has lead us up to this point. I've loved walking through this seaon of life with you and A.

    I love my sista! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, back to California! That's so exciting. I really will have to come visit sometime. Still haven't been to CA.

    A baby girl!!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz, I know, it's so crazy that we are headed back! PLEASE come visit us some day while we are still out there. We can show you the SoCal life. It'd be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, shan, if only you knew what her name was...alas! You'll know in December, won't you? I'd still love to have that stitched pillow..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I of course am so pumped about bebe mckay being a girl! She and Elise will be BFF and like we've said before, it'll be nice to be able to walk through parenting a daughter together. I'm so excited about this!
    I also have thought a lot about how you shared last weekend about coming to Dallas and all you learned and how, like you mentioned in your blog, it's been such a different experience than you ever expected. Anyway, it's exciting and I'm excited for you to see what the future holds and I think about what you shared in light of my imminent move and all that CA might hold for me, even though it seems like we're going for one thing, perhaps it'll really be for something else. The unknown is both exciting and scary!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete