Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Girlfriends



My girlfriends from Bible college days came to visit July 6 (it's hard to believe that in some way we all managed to keep in touch for the last 9 years!). We have made it a yearly tradition to get together each year. The first year we were with Elicia (in blue) in Colorado and last year with Melisa (in grey) in Pennsylvania. While together, we shopped, saw "Pirates of the Carribean," had a memorable meal with great conversation at Cafe Brazil in downtown Dallas, painted a large piece of canvas for our yearly art project, walked/ran around White Rock Lake, watched "The Village" at home, enjoyed a meal cooked by my fabulous husband, and engaged in some deep conversation about life, sitting on the bathroom floor and painting our nails. Another fun highlight for me was being able to share with them the sex of our bebe in person the morning Aron and I found out. In fact, when we got home from the doctor, they had a little baby shower for me, complete with decor, homemade breakfast, a game, and gifts. These girls are my lifeline. They support and sustain me on a daily basis. We are all very different at times, and yet, we have forged a solid and lasting friendship where we are honest and open with eachother and not afriad to call eachother out on various issues. These are the friendships that we seek after so often in this life--and God has blessed me early in my adulthood with 3 women whom I daily walk through life with. I truly am awed.

Next year we'll be with Laurie (in purple) in Palo Alto, California.

1 comment:

  1. this blog needed comments, because well, tis' your best entry ;)Seriously, yes sustain is what we do. Thanks for a fabulous time. love love love you

    ReplyDelete