Thursday, July 16, 2009

the nolls come to visit


My good friend from college days came to visit tonight. Karissa and I met at Hope International University back in 2000 and became close friends. We've stayed connected since graduation in '03, but it's been nearly 5 years since I've seen her. Since that time, she's gotten married and had 3 kiddos. Elijah turned 3 yesterday and the twin girls, Hannah and Alysah, are 10 months old. Her hubby, Chris, is in the military, and they spent several years in England and in the Azores (off the coast of Portugal). They are now back in the U.S., living in NorCal. It was SOOO fun to see her, reconnect, and let the kiddos play together (Elijah and Maggie were fast friends), and the hubbies connect. Although the house was quite chaotic at times, we had a really good night. Thanks for taking the time to come see us, Chris and Karissa! Hopefully, it won't be 5 more years until our next get together.

2 comments:

  1. looks like fun! yea for old friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time. I love hanging out with friends who after being apart for so long can just catch up quickly. Although chaotic (which pretty much explains everyday of my life), I loved it.

    ReplyDelete