Sunday, December 11, 2005

Another year for Aron

He turned 28 yesterday and it's just hard to believe that he'll be 30 in two more years. He and I are now both officially in our "late 20s." What does a person look like that is this age? I don't feel 27 and I know that he doesn't feel 28. Age is a funny thing. For me, teaching students keeps me feeling young. On Friday, which is jeans day, I was wearing a pair of jeans (obviously), a sweater, and my Converse, and one of my students told me that I looked like a student! Perhaps this is a compliment?! Anyway, back to Aron, and the reason for this post. His birthday was pretty low-key, but I know he felt loved. A favorite gift was from his pops who got him a sweet new microphone for recording music and he's been using it every day since he got it last week. He'll be signed and famous in no time! :)

8 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were bloggging and logging on to our blogging! Hooray to hear from Suz! I am definately a growing fan of this form of communication--it makes the big world seem so much closer and cozier--and anytime you want to pretend to be an Iowan by coming to our home--you are 100% welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, 28, yes, only two more years til the big 30 for some of us. I just keep telling myself, "30, flirty and thriving". The 30's will be the best years of our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to mention that we will be in Dallas for Christmas. I will give you a call when I'm in town. We arrive in Dallas on the 23rd and will be there through the morning of the 27th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whataburger and Braums...can you get more celebratory than that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suz, so glad you are here and commenting!! Yeah!

    But, so sad, we'll be in CA from the 19-30...I'm so bummed we can't see you guys when you are in the Big D. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess!! I checked your blog for a response to what I wrote and saw none, but was thrilled to find you here! :)

    Love the new snow posts...your kiddos are adorable. I want to come and visit and play in the snow, too.

    suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated birthday aron!!!

    i didn't know you guys had a blog...gotta keep us updated suzy-q!
    --heather sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you are in the official Blog folder on our computer...so we can check in with you all as well. :) You guys are getting SOOOO old, you want to feel old? Have kids. hee-hee. I passed 30 and feel great. With a little help from my friend Mary Kay. Mo (my spring chicken) won't be 30 until next year! Now I feel old. :)

    ReplyDelete