Saturday, September 2, 2006

And they're off!





















S&S packed up their shipping container on Thursday night. With the help of several able-bodied friends, the job was smooth and done in about 3 1/2 hours. My contribution to the night--I vaccumed their house. :) The dreaded armoire turned out not to be as heavy as originally thought, which was a good thing. With the sale of several of their larger possesions to the new owners (dining room table, barstools, washer/dryer, and fridge), they only packed half the container and saved money in the end.

Friday was Shan and my last Starbucks date and unfortunately, I had pinched a nerve in my neck the night before, so I was feeling pretty rotten. Shan was sore and exhausted from the day before, so we were both a bit out of it as we sipped our last Chai (me) and Java Chip Frap (her). After a few afternoon errands in prep for their 7am Saturday departure, we headed to the Firewheel Town Center and got lovely and much-needed pedicures at a day spa. It was a real treat and I think both of us were able to relax. We later came home for naps, grilled burgers for dinner, then headed to our favorite Irish pub in downtown Dallas for some drinks and dessert.

Bright and early this morning, after one last walk-thru of their home, S&S drove away in their Toyota Forerunner. It was bittersweet because it's the end of an era, yet I know we'll be seeing them soon, especially as we are moving to OC in mid-October (and they are only 8 hours away).
Aron and I went to Starbucks later for a morning date and enjoyed some reflection time, good eats and drinks, and the morning paper.

4 comments:

  1. suz, is it true that mid-october you'll be west-bound? did you guys sell your place? how's your neck? how'd you hurt it? are you proud of me that i'm checking your blog? i don't know what i'm supposed to write on these things.
    anxiously awaiting your arrival,
    your friend lins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds, i am so proud of you for checking the blog! So fun to hear from you. Yes, we do think mid-October will be our arrival date. Aron is clearing it all with his boss. No, haven't sold the house. Just finished staging it on Saturday and want to put it on the market this coming week. I think I slept on my neck wrong...ugh! It's better this morning (Sunday), thankfully. You can always just write whatever on blog comments. There are no judgements! :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A&S - great staying with you guys. I'll try to be a regular reader of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how quickly things can change. I have so enjoyed getting to know both you and shannon as friends. But so blessed to see your relationship as sisters. So glad you are a blogger...just teach me how to put pictures on! :)

    ReplyDelete