Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Puerto Vallarta




We spent a 4 day weekend in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico this past weekend at an all-inclusive resort. It was in celebration of our 4 year anniversary at the end of this month and it was also our last getaway before our bebe is born. We did get a smidge of weather from Hurricane Lane, but overall, it was actually quite nice. The days were cool and a bit overcast, but that didn't stop us from getting outdoors and lounging at the pool (and getting some sun through the clouds!). We read books, had great talks, watched a few movies we brought (specifically "United 93," "Akeelah and the Bee," and "Lucky Number Sleven"), ate some decent food, and just vegged. I even wore a bikini and got lots of looks with my preggo belly sticking out...it might just be one of the only times in my life that I have been totally confident in a bikini because it's OK that my stomach was big. :) Our time was relaxing and rejuvinating and this was great because Aron has been working like a horse for almost 2 months in his new position at work. I could really tell that the R&R refreshed him.

Here are two pics: one of a gorgeous sunset we saw (reminded us of CA) and a more candid one of us.

6 comments:

  1. Nice pic of the ocean! I'm glad you guys had a relaxing time--it's crazy to think that this was your last trip together before bebe arrives. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm where is the bikini pic? I think you should share that in celebration of your motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel--I know, we didn't get a bikini pic and meant to! I could always go lounge in the grass outdoors and Aron could take a pic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you two were able to get away together...congrats on your fourth anniversary! you look so pretty in this pic girl! (i know what you mean about the belly thing...i told roby the same thing...i feel the thinnest when i am preggo because i don't have to worry about my tummy, he he he.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heth--you are so sweet! Thanks! Glad that others can relate to the "I have never had a flat stomach" deal and how nice it is to let it all go in pregnancy. I like how you said, "I feel the thinnest..." hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. kudos to you for wearing a bikini! flaunt that hot pregnancy body! seems like a good time and so glad it worked out for you to go. i'm a big believer in one last hurrah for the parents before their life forever changes. you'll go on vacations again (without and without children), but it's never quite the same of course.

    now what i really want to know if did you see any topless ladies? and were you ever one of them?? :)

    ReplyDelete