Friday, March 9, 2007

American idol

Come on, America! Are you listening? Why are you still voting for Sanjaya?? The guy sounds like a bad high school talent show audition; even Simon said so. He has yet to live up to his first performance before the trio on the scouting trips around the nation. If he becomes the next American Idol (he's remained on the show 2 more weeks than he should have and even he seems surprised that he's still there), I will boycott the show indefinitely. Let me remind you, America, like Paula says, "It's a *singing* competition." Point blank: the guy cannot sing.

And how disappointing that Sabrina Sloan was cut. By far, she was one of the strongest female voices. I don't say that just because I went to high school with her, just stating a fact. Yet, I know that she will go on to do bigger things; she has amazing talent, looks, and personality. I don't doubt that she'll have music producers knocking on her door.

8 comments:

  1. Nice blog, I like it :)
    Keep it up.
    acwo
    http://tytka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said! I am going to start a weekly American Idol blog posting. I started this week... as you know, but thought that I would like to do it weekly... :) Sorry about your friend! I was totally shocked!

    http://bennercrewhapps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i SO agree with you on this. infuriating!!! i don't think america should vote anymore. hello!!!?!?!? sanjaya and no sabrina...grrrr. utterly annoying. i think the thing that gets me is that she didn't get much of a chance to be in the competition even...and she totally deserved it! daughtry was atleast in the finals before he got the unwarrented boot. know what i'm saying? i wish she'd have had more of a chance to get herself & her voice out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, glad we are all in agreeance on the results of last night. Should prove to an interesting rest of the season. Anything goes it would seem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get to watch the shows this week just caught Thurdays final vote off...I was shocked. It's sad that the ones with good voices are getting voted off, it reminds me of high school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! I'm so disappointed with the viewing public. That poor kid just cannot sing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which "Idol" definition best applys to the show - 3, 4, other?

    1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
    2. Bible. a. an image of a deity other than God; b. the deity itself.
    3. any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion.
    4. a mere image or semblance of something, visible but without substance, as a phantom.
    5. a figment of the mind; fantasy.
    6. a false conception or notion; fallacy.

    ReplyDelete