Saturday, March 31, 2007

We're back!

We arrived home late last night, around 8pm and all we both could say at the end was that Mags was a CHAMP. Our 6:45am flight went well, though we had some crazy turbulence going through the clouds as we descended into Dallas. We actually were so bumpy at one point, we all flew out of our seats...one of those times that you understand why to stay buckled! If I hadn't been holding Mags' head at that moment, she would have hit the window. Changing planes was fine, we feed her right before we boarded. BUT, then we ended up having too much fuel on board, something the pilot said was quite rare. Our plane was ultimately headed to London after stopping in Chicago, but somehow the fuel guy got mixed up and fueled us for an overseas trip. We stayed at the gate, on the plane for 3 1/2 hours! We were allowed to get off, though, which was good, but we actually didn't up getting off ourselves. All the seats had TVs, and Aron and I watched "Stranger Than Fiction," talked, and played with Mags while we waited. I'm telling you, if Mags is like this every time, I'll fly with her forever. She had a few moments of fussiness as she was attempting to fall asleep on both flights, but never got hysterical. The stewardess even commented that she forgot there was a baby on the plane. How good is God, seriously? :) After a long and refreshing 2 weeks (though probably more refreshing for me: Aron still had to work), we are happy to be home, back in our own place. We vegged out today, walking to Starbucks with Mags in the jogger and getting rained on a bit on the way home. The flowers are starting to bloom here and the grass is greener. We look forward to starting to spend more time outdoors. There are A TON of pictures here...enjoy!

Linds took this shot of Mags; it was her idea to put the skirt on M's head. So funny! I love it.

Hanging out with Momma.


Thad's daughter, Gracelyn, holding Mags. She was THRILLED to meet Mags and brought her several toys each time she visited.


J, A, and Thad being silly with Gracelyn. I think Aron "took" her nose here.


My good friend Dawnielle brought her son Asher over for a playdate and M loved his toy. Asher was born one week after Mags, so it was fun to watch them together. We put them under the toy and Mags kept grasping his hand. :)


My friend Sarah came over for a playdate one afternoon last week and brought her kiddos--Gabe was born a few days after M, and Ivy is a little over 2 years old. Both are so adorable and Ivy is such a joyful, obedient girl...they are doing such a good job with her! I loved watching Sarah interact with Ivy.


Mema and Mags...napping after some fun playtime.


Pops and Mags--so fun to watch them interact, too!


Jason and Lindsey hanging out with Mags.

When driving up north and back, we stopped frequently to feed Mags and give her wake time. Here she is, gumming her thumb, and enjoying the time out of her carseat.

Even though my hair is blowing wildly, I do love this shot.

Aron is elated to introduce Mags to the beach!

Laurie, Shan, and I outside the Hollister house. La and her family visited us for a day and night while up in NorCal and S&S drove out from Reno.

Auntie Shannon early in the morning with M...she'll kill me for putting up this shot (though I love it). :)

Uncle Steve with Mags (cute, new dress thanks to Auntie Shannon). One of my favorite things about our trip was watching his interaction with M.

Ayla and Donovan, our niece and nephew, enjoyed meeting Mags for the first time. It was her first visit with cousins!

Uncle Jim and Aunt Cari (Aron's sister) meet Mags for the first time on our NorCal visit.

Sweet girl! Linds took this shot on a day that we spent together.

Cayla and Mags--we got to visit several times.

Jason and Mags--we had several visits together and enjoyed every minute. J loved to be the doting honoary uncle.

Tuckered out after a day at the beach and driving up and down the coast.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! Those pics are awesome!!! I MISS YOU!!! I want to see you too! LOL! :) I am really glad you had such a wonderful friend, and I am sure it was so great to see all your friends, and your sister! :) Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say... "I am SO glad you had a wonderful time" NOT what I actually said... "Wonderful FRIEND". I have to correct my lameness! LOL! While I am very glad you have wonderful friends, that's not what I meant to say. I am an idiot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mags is an amazing traveler! I'm so glad that all went well. Such great pics! I loved the one of you and her on the beach and her naked/post bath shot. I don't like the one of us and buns; my wet head looks more like a wet mop, but you girls are looking pretty hot! :)

    So great to see you!
    xoxo

    P.S. I am so bitter that we didn't get pics of Mags and Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. La, I cannot believe we did not get one shot of the girls together!! It completely slipped my mind. Damn the man indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pics! I'm so glad you guys got the chance to get away and spend some time with family and friends. I think sometimes, it's what the soul needs more than anything. That's so awesome that Mags was such a good traveler, I know we hope Dealey is so we can make many trips to Texas, Chicago & California! Big hugs, I'm glad you guys are safe and sound back at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAAA! I'm so glad the flying went well...now she can fly down to Big D for the rest of us to see. :) Tee, hee.

    Seriously, I'm glad all went so smoothly and that you had that time in CA. I love the beach shots! Talk to this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pics suz! i feel like i was there...thanks for the great "photo journal" of the trip! sounded like an amazing time for you guys. that mags is something else! what a little bundle of joy & peace she is. welcome home. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like photos of the two of you with Maggie on the beach. She met everybody on this trip!

    Glad you're back -- you were missed!

    ReplyDelete