Thursday, October 25, 2007

going private

I have contemplated for many months now about making this blog private. And truthfully, I'm ready to take the plunge. The reasons are: 1) I post details and pictures about our life and our little girl and well, I'm not entirely sure of everyone who reads this blog and that can be kind of scary and 2) I would like to begin writing more personal details about my life and once again, I'm not sure of the readership of this blog. I hope you all can understand these reasons.

With this in mind, those of you who already blog, do not have to create an account to view my blog (obviously). But, there are those of you who do not blog and who may not have a Blogger account and you will have to create one to view this blog, because you will have to sign in to access it. I think this is the biggest reason I have not gone private before now--loosing readership. I know that there are many extended friends of our family (my folks friends) that read this, but do not comment (which is totally fine). I'm just at a place where I would like to know that my information is "safe" in cyberspace.

Therefore, if you still desire to read this blog, you will have to do the aforementioned task if you haven't already (get a free account) as well as email me that you want to be on the list to check our blog: suzannebmckay@gmail.com I want to keep as many of you in the loop about our lives; blogging is a wonderful hobby to me and I enjoy keeping in touch this way. Even if you feel I may not remember you, shoot me an email and say you still want to stay connected.

I'm thinking this will all take place in the next 2 weeks, so you have some time! :) I'll post one final "going private" post the day before I do.

4 comments:

  1. If I stop being able to read the blog, then I know you'll be trying to tell me something!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it'll be like a secret club? Sweet. I've always wanted to be in a secret club. Can we have a password and a handshake, too?

    The decision totally makes sense to me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wondered about doing the same myself--I go through these days of worry where I have so much info out there on line that I delete old entries like there's someone closing in on our neighborhood :o) (Too many spy movies or something I guess :o) My sister keeps hers public, but uses no names or locations at all. She always manages to get all the details across but in a surprisingly discreet manner. To do so, I should have more carefully considered my blog's name :) Do you know if you change the name if it can still be accessed by the old name for people who might not know of the change? I suppose I should ask your sis, as theirs--in name at least--seems to change annually :)

    ReplyDelete