Monday, October 8, 2007

things i'm loving about maggie

in the past 3 weeks maggie has begun to do the following and I'm LOVNG it.

*Turn pages in the book at appropriate times (we let the page go with our right hand and she turns it)
*Laugh at random things when alone or with us
*Laugh at her favorite parts in books
*CUDDLE! I have discovered that before each nap and before bed, M will snuggle on our shoulder with her bink and blanket, and we can hold her as long as we please and she stays right there. I learned this when I was able to rock her to sleep in my arms during an out-of-the-blue "I-will-not-nap-but-I-am-exhuasted" moment we had three weeks ago. It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. And, she loves it when we sing to her. Although God must have a special love for my singing voice (when I sing in the "key of Suzanne," as my brother-in-law and husband affectionately call it), Maggie seems to be soothed by it. How awesome it that?!
*She is into everthing and is moving around faster than ever. This just happened in the last five days. She walks more quickly around objects (coffee table, chairs), loves to pull herself to standing on our legs, and stands for longer periods of time unassisted and w/out holding onto anything. I think she took her first few steps alone yesterday, but Aron doesn't think so (it wasn't totally controlled). But, she's close.
*She likes to pull my hair and chew it and loves to put daddy's nose in her mouth (so random!); she only does that to him and not me.
*Smack her lips together all the time; this is one of my favorite noises she makes.

6 comments:

  1. Awww! How great! Zoe had become a little less snuggly for a while too. But, I can get her to snuggle once or twice a day sometimes. :) Zoe is pulling up, and doing all that stuff that Mags is doing too. How fun!! :) I just posted some stuff that Zoe has been doing lately. :) Zoe is going to be crazy when she walks, so I keep telling her... take as long as you need. LOL. Nice update! Oh! Have to go get Angelina from school! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's growing up! I hope for Aron's sake she doesn't decide to chew on his nose instead of your hair, though! Good to get a Maggie update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anxious for the snuggling! And annoyed that all of those people thought your kid was a boy...people call chase "she" every now and again, but i have noticed it is mostly old people. True for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy it while you can. Before you know it you'll be teaching her how to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Mags - I love the snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved reading about what mags has been up to! and it warmed my heart that some of the entries reminded me of owen. (we had forgotten how owen used to like putting roby's nose in his mouth...so funny!) Enjoy all these little things...it's wonderful that you are writing them down. i am glad i tracked owen's too, since i can't believe he is turning TWO tomorrow...crazy, huh?!

    ReplyDelete