My good friend, Shelley, makes these lists when life gets her down and I've decided to follow suit. Last week was just an off week for me. I felt disconnected from people, reflective on some things that are currently overwhelming me, and Maggie was teething something fierce and was up multiple times most nights which = little sleep for both Aron and I and well, when I don't get proper rest the weight of the world is on my shoulders. This list will hopefully help me put some focus back into my week and some praise on my lips for the good things that God is doing. In no particular order...
1. Lunch last week after music class with a new friend
2. Einestein Brothers' bagels, coffee, and good conversation with my friend Allison last Friday morning
3. Letters in the mail from my grandparents
4. Some meaningful conversations with my good friend Kathryn about things that are consuming me (per above)
5. Coffee early on Friday morning with my friend Erin
6. My girlfriend Laurie coming to town today and staying through Friday
7. Reading an encouraging blog post from Carolyn that reminded me to praise God in hard moments (and I did work on this, you'll be proud to know, C--thank you for your words).
8. Cleaning my entire house last week (I just love this feeling!)
9. Sticking entirely to our food budget for the week (this is HUGE for me [it rarely happens, to be honest] and something I'm working on)
10. Seeing my aunt and uncle last week and them graciously bringing down a bed they no longer use which now has become our offical guest bed.
11. Reading through Genesis, focusing on God's grace
After re-reading this list, I find it ironic that I felt disconnected from people, because quite clearly, I was able to connect with multiple friends. Hmm...this list has done me good indeed! :)