Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Muffin tin lunch



After seeing this example on blogs well over a year ago, I finally attempted my first "muffin tin lunch." It was a HUGE hit with Maggie, who had a blast munching on whatever she wanted. This lunch worked well because I was low on groceries and was able to put a few of each item in each cup. Whatever she didn't finish we ate for snack after her nap. And along these same lines, my friend Casey wrote a recent post on using the muffin tin as a snack tray throughout the day: fill the cups in the morning and your child can eat anything at his/her leisure. But, once a cup is empty, it's empty; no refills until the next day.

Sometimes, as a mom it's SO easy to get overwhelmed with all the creative/crafty/fun ideas out there that I "should/could" be doing with my children. I've always liked the idea of implementing "measurable goals," a phrase I learned from a mentor years ago. Instead of feeling like I should do a "muffin tin lunch" or a "muffin tin snack" every day, I'm going to them each weekly. Totally doable, and totally something fun for Maggie to look forward to!

5 comments:

  1. That's great Suz. It will probably be something that she talks about when she is older..."Remember when Mom used to let us eat snacks out of a muffin tin? That was so much fun!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may adopt this idea as well. Only, to keep mine as measurable goals, I might do it once a year! I might have to buy two more muffin tins to keep the fighting at a minimum!! Thx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad it was a hit. I really like the snack idea - might have to try for E since she is always asking for snacks. And good point on measurable goals. Very smart, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - I love Rachel's "once a year" goal--definitely doable! :)

    What a great and cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN idea!
    I need to steal/borrow this one!

    ReplyDelete