Friday, February 5, 2010

status updates

Most of you remember that I said I'm taking a break from certain social media outlets, primarily Facebook. There is something really addicting to me about zoning out and checking people's status updates. It's fun to feel a sense of connection to what friends/family are doing around the country. I haven't missed checking too much, but what I HAVE noticed is how often *I* want to log in and enter a status update, given what is going on in my day. It's quite humorous to me, how my mind is now trained to think.So, I figured I would share some of my non-posted status updates from this week:

"Driving in the rain, listening to books on tape with the kiddos."

"First MOPS this week and had a lovely time!"

"Making homemade cookies with Maggie."

"Attempting to give Maggie her 'room time' in place of her afternoon nap; bedtime is way too drawn out and it appears she does better going down *without* her afternoon nap. Sigh. Less time for me, but overall, better for Aron and my time at night."

"Curren is teething; pooping up a storm; irritated boy; follows me like a shadow all day long; tiring."

"Dawnielle and Razi welcomed sweet baby Zadok Dustin into their family on Thursday morning! He is AMAZINGLY precious. Got to hold him last night; made me SO excited for our impending arrival. Congrats, friends!"

"Stopped at Trader Joe's to get flowers for aforementioned friends and the checker cheerfully asked, "Are you in your 3rd trimester!? Congrats on your baby!" To which I almost responded, "What baby?"

"Reading really good, addictive, heavy -at-times, book, Into the Woods by Tana French. Every spare minute is used to read. Want to visit Ireland now."

"Wish I didn't have adult acne. Isn't that an oxymoron?!"

5 comments:

  1. I love these!

    Ah yes, the giving up of afternoon nap. For me, once I just *let go* of that time and knew it would never be 100% "me" time (even when Nate has room time, I don't feel all the way rested if my kids aren't actually asleep), I was able to enjoy it again. I do still get things done, go on the computer, relax, but there's just something different about the child actually being asleep.

    The 1-year-old-following-like-a-shadow stage is one of the most draining, for me.

    I'd love to hear how you like Into the Woods when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have mental stauts updates too!

    3rd tri? um...that reminds me of "away we go"....think before you speak people!

    yea for dawnielle and fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I totally would have said it Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I didn't know you were pregnant again. It has been a while since I have checked some blogs. Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! This was funny and I love reading them - truly, it does kinda give me a peek into your day...which is exactly what Twittering is! See, you *can* Twitter! So when your media fast is up, start. Just enter things like this and you'll be fine.

    The cashier's comment was hilarious. You should have said "Hi, let me punch you in the face. Congratulations." (you totally should have deadpanned a "what baby.")

    ReplyDelete