Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Week 1

I have adventured out the past two days and I am slowly learning my way around. I went to Trader Joe's and got a few items, then to the local grocerry store for the rest of my list. I found some fun streets with some great shopping, of which I hope to return to this weekend with Aron and get a few things for bebe M. After 3 trips from the garage, up the elevator, and into our apartment to unload grocerries, I decided that I will wait for Aron's help in the future.

Today, I drove Aron to work, then walked from the apartment to Michigan Ave. I spent some time in Borders, bought a few books to read (though it pains me to pay full price; I'm a lover of the discount book stores!), and popped in a few other shops. I found a cute beanie for the baby from Baby Gap. It'll be so fun to dress her in warm clothes!

Aron called me later this afternoon to say there is a VERY good chance we may get all our furniture this weekend; how cool is that!!? I'll keep you posted.

8 comments:

  1. wow - very productive! yes, take care with heavy things now; you don't want to strain yourself. i hope that your furniture does arrive early that would be so great! i know how much you want to get things all set up before bebe m shows up.
    btw, you need to change your location on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no straining for me. I'll just be directing Aron around and unpacking only.

    Changed the city; thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good day today--your first day without your hubby. ;( I'll pray that your stuff arrives this weekend--that would be fantastic! Love ya, sista.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey suz, it's andy gosling. welcome to chicago! not sure if you remember me it's been probably since jr high since we've seen each other, but mom gave me your blog address when she told me you moved to town. we should hang out sometime, would love to catch up. who knows, if you ended up moving to logan sq we might even be neighbors. feel free to kick me an email sometime. goslingap@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it sounds as if you are getting quite comfy in Chicago. I'm glad you are enjoying it and so pumped that you could get your stuff so soon. I know that will put you at ease. Missed you for coffee this morning...you are always with us in spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous that you have a TJ's--oh to have a yummy health food store nearby! Sounds like you're fitting right in to the city :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that exercise will hopefully lessen your chances of going past your due date. And, Trader Joes!? Lucky! I'll have to send you some doe re me for some of that yummy chai you introduced. I think I'm on row 7 now, btw. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. have you tried TJ's lemonade? They sell it on the juice aisle -- it's in glass bottles. Fizzy. I like the Pink Lemonade flavor best. It's actually the drink of choice at E's party next weekend.

    ReplyDelete