Sunday, October 29, 2006

Weekend update

The movers arrived before noon on Friday and had finished unpacking the truck by 6pm. We have a TON of stuff, I can’t even tell you. Aron walked in yesterday as we were unpacking and said in a rather irritated voice, “You have 12 childhood boxes, and I have 1.” I began to feverishly clean out and throw away, but it was very good overall. I really do clean out a lot, I so love it, but at this point, with our storage so limited, I cleaned out even more thoroughly. Aron set up our bed, I cleaned and semi-organized the bathroom, we unpacked and began putting kitchen stuff away, Aron moved and unpacked tons of other items; he’s an animal, seriously. I feel so blessed. He even helped the movers move our stuff; one guy was like, "You are the first customer to ever help us unload.” The flat is coming along nicely; we hope to move in tomorrow night or by Tuesday for sure.

We closed on the house on Friday. It’s done and no longer ours. VERY huge relief. It was an incredibly easy selling process; we feel so fortunate, truly.

Today, we took an all-day birthing class at Northwestern, the hospital we will deliver at. It’s about ½ a mile from our apartment downtown, so we just walked there and back. It was lovely today, in the mid-50s. We learned some helpful and insightful details, got to tour the hospital, etc. It was well worth the time and money and I feel better about the impending labor.

I had my first OB appointment on Friday with Shelley’s OB. She is a great lady, I really liked her. I start to see her every week now and she says everything looks great.

4 comments:

  1. yea!!i look forward to pics of finished flat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! That's so cool that you guys are getting moved in so quickly! it sounds like everything is moving along smoothly. Thanks for the updates.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. yipee that you got your stuff! I'm glad the class went well and set you at ease with everything. I remember feeling the same way. It's getting so close for bebe M...I can't wait to see her!

    I was shopping today and saw some cute baby girl clothes and thought of you guys. :) They were surfer girls stuff.

    My sister and gracie say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben's Oklahoma GrandmaNovember 2, 2006 at 3:27 PM

    Hmmm...somehow I just now started checking your blog. I love it, and sent the destination to Joel and Christine as well. It will be fun to keep up this way. The flat is beautiful, and so is Bebe M.

    ReplyDelete