Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Lindsey visits

Lindsey and I have been friends for over 12 years. I actually met her the day I moved to California in August 1995. It's hard to believe that we've been such close friends for so many years. Our life experience spans activities from the mundane to the life changing: high school, Senior year road trip up the California coast, backpacking in the Calfornia mountains, attending camp in Colorado, church activities, long talks, running, attending each other weddings, and now to the birth of Maggie. I was absolutely estatic as we neared Linds' arrival because I couldn't wait for them to meet. I must have been so stoked that I didn't realize the dates of her arrival--I thought she was flying in on the 4th, but she arrived on the 1st! She called me from the airport that morning to tell me they were boarding and I was shocked as I thought I had 3 more days to prepare for her arrival. I hurried around the house and got a few things ready, but overall, the house was a disaster as we were in process of moving Maggie's room to the guest room and vice versa. Thankfully, Linds does not mind a bit of disarray.

What a wonderful, wonderful time we had together! We had great talks, enjoyed a few outings around the city, including a few local shops, but mostly just lounged around the house with Maggie. It was incredible to watch Linds and Maggie--they seemed to bond instantly (perhaps because she looks a little like me, with the glasses and all?) and Maggie gave her plenty of smiles and coos over the last few days. I really can't describe how fun it was to watch them together. Linds did it all--fed Mags, washed bottles, changed diapers, swaddled, put her down, played with her, took out the trash, cleaned dishes, helped cook meals, and even helped me design our baby announcemen (which will be mailed by week's end). We also took some awesome new shots of Mags (see above)--how big she is getting! And she now will greet us with a HUGE grin when we wake her up to eat. It's thrilling! Her crying seems to be more understandable, for which we are thankful, and her routine more predictable (though, of course, it is always changing to some degree). As a side note, I feel like I'm slowly starting to come into motherhood and making it my own--it's a daily walk, but one that I am embracing more and more. Now, we shall wait to see when Lindsey and her wonderfuly hubby, Jason, (you can check out their blogsite via the sidebar) will have kids--possibly sometime this year?
Today, we are just staying in and watching the snow--expected snowfall is 1-3 inches.

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm so glad Linds came to see you! ;) It sounds like you had a great time together. I can't wait to see the annoucement--I'll be looking for it in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am warm & fuzzy to know that you are finding your place and groove in this thing we call motherhood. yea for a good friend too!

    btw we are coming 15thpm...just in case you forgot ;) that was too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness sakes she's changed in a week! Those little chubby cheeks, is it possible she's starting to outgrow the newborn look? She just begs for kisses doesn't she? :o) What a little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh, that smile!! she looks ever so much like A.
    So glad you are getting doused with visitors. It's wonderful to have good friends step into your life for a moment.

    Can't wait for the announcement either - I will make a spot on the fridge for it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the announcements! I'm glad you have friends visiting too and making this transition in your life easier. You sound so happy and that makes me happy.

    Big Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, I know, she looks so big after just this one last week! Her cheeks are cute; maybe one day you can give them kisses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, you are hilarious. I did write it down and I'll be there to pick you and Tines up on time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww! :) She is too cute Suz! What a cute little babe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how alert and big she is looking. I'm glad your visit with your friend was so good. Nothing like good friends! Can't wait to see the announcements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, please tell Lindsey I say hello!!! It's been so long!

    ReplyDelete