Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mel and Tina visit

Candid shot of Tina, Melisa, and me
Eating Chicago's famous stuffed-crust pizza

If one comes to Chicago, one must eat Oberweis

Eating toast at Toast

Rachel, me, Tina, Megan, and Melisa

Outside Toast in the snow

Winter settles on Navy Pier

Candid shot overlooking a frozen Lake Michigan

Boats at Navy Pier

My good friends whom I met 10 years ago in Bible college came for a short visit last weekend. They arrived at 12am Friday morning and left late Sunday morning and even though it was quick, we thoroughly enjoyed our time together! They met Mags for the first time and as I've mentioned before, it's always so fun for me to watch my friends meet my daughter. Mel and Tina are also moms, so we had some good conversations and they were very helpful with her. Plus, they've been great resources for me whenever I have mom questions. We mostly vegged at our place, but we did get out for a few good jaunts around Chicago, including breakfast at Toast on Saturday morning where we met up with two other girls who also went to Bible college with us, Megan and Rachel (Rach, Mel, and I were all roomates). They live here in Chicago. We enjoyed good eats and good conversations, catching up after all these years. Later, Rachel and Meg gave us a grand tour of downtown, where we stopped at Navy Pier so Tines could take some shots. During the rest of their visit, we hit up a few local stores, ate Oberweiss ice-cream and stuffed-crust pizza, and of course, played with Mags. Aron was super fantastic as he took care of her for a big chunk of the weekend so I could get out with the girls; he is an incredible servant! Girls, thanks for the visit; it was just what I needed! I love my friends.

4 comments:

  1. This looked like such a fun trip. How jealous I am of you all -- especially getting to see Little D and Megan. Lucky you with all the visitors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been even better if you had been there, La!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, you aren't kidding! You have TONS of visitors! That's great! :) I miss all of my old friends! Hope to see everyone someday soon. :) Looks like you all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for friends!

    ReplyDelete