Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wordfilled Wednesday

Since I have just recently posted a bunch of pics, I decided to give you a Maggie update in words instead.

*Almost every time we go in to get her from her nap, she totally grins at us and makes noises. It just makes our day. We LOVE her smiles.
*She usually wakes up 20-30 minutes before I go in to get her in the morning and just "talks" to herself in the crib. She makes all sorts of noises, swallows, burbles, and well, just funny sounds and it's neat just to lie in bed and listen to her. This is the only time of day or night that she will do this. Interesting, huh? Then, she starts to make little cries that signal "I'm ready to get up" so I go in and get her.
*She sleeps from 11pm to 7am, give or take. How great is that?!
*Getting rid of swaddling was tough the first 3 days; we decided just to tuck (loosely) the blanket in around her waist and this has helped. She has done splendid!
*She likes to hold my hair in one fist when I carry her around; this just started about a week ago.
*She LOVES to listen to Aron play guitar. She totally stares at him the entire time.
*She is getting stronger and stronger each week. With a little support from us around her middle, she will sit up by herself our our laps.
*She converses with us. She makes a noise, we ask a question, and she responds with a noise.
*She laughed for the first time yesterday!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! I am going through the same things with Zoe! ha ha! Amazingly enough, Zoe was holding her head up at birth. And... yes, she was 10 weeks early! Now we call her our little Bobblehead. ha ha! It's so cool that you and I are going through nearly the same things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first laugh is super fun! sounds like you're really enjoying mags...that's great. keep soaking her up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the defining characteristics of the human species; the ability to laugh or the quality of risibility.

    She's on her way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shey, I know, it's totally fun that we are at the same stages! Glad to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, this is so fun! It's so wonderful when they start becoming more of a real person and less of just a fussy, crying baby. I wish I could see all these cute mannerisms!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. forgot to tell you how awesome it is that mags is sleeping through the night at such an early age! Even with all the routine/structure/self-soothing/crying it out = everything in every book, etc. etc. etc. we struggled with getting Owen to sleep through the night. I guess part of it was his reflux and the fact that he wanted to be nursed every 3 hours or less! eek! Proud to say that at a year old he FINALLY started sleeping through the night and now, at 16 months, he still takes two naps during the day and sleeps from 9 at night until 9 in the morning = AMAZING! I guess he just needed to figure it out and now he is catching up on a year of lost sleep...he he he. I must say the sleep deprivation was thee hardest adjustment we had to make with becoming parents, but it worked out in the end and it is nice to see that not every baby has sleeping issues...please pray with me that the next one will be a little sleeper like mags! she gives me hope!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was good to talk to you on the phone the other day. I am glad to hear that she is sleeping longer for you. Isn't that first night of good sleep amazing!

    ReplyDelete