Sunday, June 3, 2007

My oldest friend



This is Suzanne, my oldest friend. Yes, we have the same name. We grew up together in OKC, attending the same church and school from preschool until junior high. Our moms were also very good friends, and we did so much together back in the day, anything from Awanas, shopping, sleepovers, and well, all the things kids do. We were even baptized together. I have few memories in my childhood that do not involve her in some fashion. It's really wonderful to have walked through much of life with her. Suzanne and her husband, Adam, currently live in Maryland and spent Memorial Day weekend visiting his sister here in Chicago, so we were able to grab a Starbucks downtown on Monday. I love that Suzanne was finally able to meet Maggie; I loved watching them together. There is something very surreal about seeing old friends connect with a part of the present in my life, namely Maggie. I hope Maggie has life-long friends like I do.

7 comments:

  1. How fun -- and how rare. I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that the two of you are able to stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. life-long friends are definitely a rare treasure...that is so awesome that you guys got together after all this time! i have been friends with julie (my maid of honor) since we were 4 years old in nursery school. we have a hilarious picture of us (i am proudly sticking my belly out, have a cascading ponytail and brown leather boots up to my knees with green tights...HA!) Here's to friends in it for the long haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun and special moment for you. it's so great having old friends that have known and seen you in all sorts of stages (and you are rapidly becoming one on my oldest and longest friends, too!).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. suz, cute necklace! is it new?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heth, that's cool about you and Julie; didn't realize you guys had known eachother that long. I actually want to post some pics of Suzanne and I when we were little, but all the pics are in storage right now, so I'll have to twist Aron's arm to get them down. Isn't it fun to have those pics together? Love it.

    La, you are also one of my oldest friends...10 years!

    Linds, my necklace loving friend! I got it last year at World Market in Dallas. WM is one of my absolute favorite places to buy jewelry...they are cheap and tend to more unique pieces. My girlfriend Tina actually bought the same one here in Chicago back in February when she visited. If you can't find it in MV, let me know. Birthday, perhaps??

    ReplyDelete