Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's about time!!

After 7 Golden Globe nominations (the first in 1991 and the last 4 consecutively since 2004), Johnny Depp received his 8th nod, and finally, a win for his role as Sweeney Todd.

It's about time.

And it's just too darn bad that the writer's strike was going on and we didn't get to hear his acceptance speech. In the same breath, it almost seems appropriate given his aversion to the Hollywood lifestyle.

Here's hoping for his first Oscar come February 24.

6 comments:

  1. Loved Sweeny Todd. Loved Depp's protrayal. Well done. Well deserved. Would be pleased with an Oscar win as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn the man! This writer's strike must end! Not just for the Oscars but because I am in some serious "Jim" withdrawal! Did I tell you he was in my dream a few weeks back? How bad is that!

    I need to see ST. I love it when the "dark horse" wins over the expected faves. I have heard that Daniel-Day Lewis' performance (There will be blood) is amazing, but I think it might be a tad too bloody for my taste.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. did i ever tell you a guy i used to work with said i look like johnny depp? isn't that funny. i can actually kinda see it.

    ReplyDelete