Friday, June 11, 2010

great parenting reminder

My good friend Laurie often forwards me her favorite "tip of the day" she reads on a site called "ScreamFree Parenting." I especially loved this one and wanted to share it. A great reminder for me coming off a long day with my kiddos.

"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted."

- Garrison Keillor

"All the hard work that you pour into becoming a better parent is worth it. Every second. You may not “see” any great result for quite some time, but you aren’t dealing with growing vegetables….you are dealing with growing adults.

I know that it’s nice to be appreciated, but seeking that appreciation actually makes you less likely to get it. If you can put aside your need to be recognized by your children, you’ll be much more relaxed and comfortable with the variety of roles you have to play in their development." --Jenny Runkel

No comments:

Post a Comment