Saturday, December 23, 2006

All smiles




We picked up dad (aka grandpa) from the airport last night, so the grandparents have both finally arrived. Dad met Maggie for the first time and was immediately smitten (how can one not be?!). :) My parents are being gracious in that they know that most of their trip will be spent indoors with us. Activities revolve around Maggie's eating and sleeping routine, which I might add, she seems to be a doing like a pro (of course, babies are anything but predicable, so we are flexible!). We seem to have it down to feedings every 3 hours, with a 4 hour stretch in the night and what's more, my body seems to be adjusting to its strange new sleep habits of two or three hour intervals (with a nap thrown in in the afternoon). Maggie is a happy baby most days. We had her first pediatrican appointment on Tuesday and she is thriving, having gained 10 ounces in one week! We are loving our little girl and enjoying watching her develop.

I think tomorrow night we'll head out to a neighboring town and see the Christmas lights. At least this way, grandma and grandpa can say they got to see some of Chicagoland.

4 comments:

  1. Love the shot of your parents with Mags -- they look so happy and pleased! It's fun to watch parents become grandparents. I think they enjoy it so much because they know they can enjoy all the perks of kids, but leave the actual raising to us! Ha! Enjoy your time with them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben's Oklahoma GrandmaDecember 24, 2006 at 4:17 AM

    These pictures just made me join in the smiles! I love seeing Grandma and Grandpa Kirk with Maggie. I know you all will have a wonderful Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo strange to hear "grandpa and grandma." ;) I'm still getting used to the idea. ;) Of course, those aren't the names they've picked....so what are they?

    I LOVE love the pictures! You'll have to frame the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! I love all the recent photos ~ everyone looks quite taken with miss Maggie! I bet she's delicious, isn't she!?

    ReplyDelete