Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Waiting game

As I'm sure you might have guessed, bebe M has yet to make her appearance. Aron is working from home all week in case we have to head to the hospital. What a nice treat! I've been doing laundry, getting final things sorted and organized, reading, working on Christmas gifts (which I have finished and mailed on Monday), and doing some cooking. I made these yummy gingersnaps from Rachel yesterday. They pair well with a warm drink. Last night, Aron and I hit up the Abbey Pub, not far from our house, so that he could play some live music at their open mic night. He's wanted to do this since we arrived, so we took the opportunity last night after our dinner at Piece, a famous pizza joint. It was fun to see him performing 3 songs he's written in front of a crowd of about 20-30 people.

I wake up each morning and watch the Today show, so I've been following political happenings more than ever and am more up on the news than I have been in ages. It's been interesting to discuss with Aron what is going on in Iraq and to muse on what politicians and study groups are postulating as the solution to "fixing" the situation there. But, the story that is most on my heart and mind this past week is that of the Kim family. I'm sure you all know they are the family from San Franciso that disappeared in Oregon last week. The mom and two daughters were found on Monday, but the husband, James, was not with them. He had set off on foot on Saturday to find help. It's Wednesday and they still have not found him. What a gut-wrenching waiting game what would be! I cannot even imagine what the Kim's family and friends are going through at the moment. I hope this story has a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment