Friday, December 1, 2006

Feeling ready!!


I had to post another shot of my belly because well, I'm huge--to me, my stomach is enormous in comparision to the shot I posted two weeks ago (week 37, see below). And although I may be smiling in this new picture, these last two weeks I have been the most uncomfortable yet and not really smiling a whole lot. Pregnancy overall has been so much fun and so easy; I feel truly blessed. So, please don't think I am complaining; I'm just at that stage where I cannot imagine being pregnant any longer, yet I continue to expand, my feet are starting to swell, as are my fingers...sigh. I'm just feeling like a big blob and ready to meet my daughter! Alas, there have been no signs that she is coming anytime soon. If she doesn't arrive by December 11, they'll induce that morning. At least the end is in sight, but still, I can't imagine being pregnant for 11 more days.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there, sista. You are almost there! I know you must be sooo tired and uncomfortable. Just think, in a few short weeks you will be cuddling your daughter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl, i feel for ya. between getting up to pee a billion times a night and tossing and turning trying to figure out how to sleep with your bump in the way, it is no wonder you feel uncomfortable! you have every right to be so over pregnancy at this point...i mean, when you think about it...we are almost preggo for an entire year! wow! plus i am sure the suspense of what baby m will look like and wanting to meet her is driving you batty! i hope these last few days before her arrival go quickly and that very soon she will be here! yay! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about your photo says "I'm so ready!" And I can't believe that snow already! What a blast that would be. I think a post of you two on your stoop in the snow would be adorable! Just be careful momma on those slippery steps. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was going to say the exact same thing as buns: "hang in there sista!" I'm sorry it's been rough here at the end -- you certainly aren't alone in the desire to get the baby out. I'm sure all preggy ladies at your stage have felt the same - I sure did!

    anxiously awaiting her arrival with you!
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar picture in front of our Chrismas tree when I was very ready to have Caelan and it was days before Christmas. I think the uncomfortable end days of pregnancy are God-designed so we expectantly and fully embrace the next step in parenthood--actually caring for that little bundle of person that's suddenly filling our lives. If you so enjoyed the last days and weeks, you might be wishing the bebe would have stayed put, but now, you know that won't even cross your mind :)

    ReplyDelete