Thursday, November 8, 2007

i'm back, and a year older!

We successfully moved into our new home last Thursday! After a quick jaunt to OC and arriving back home at 9:30pm on Halloween, we drove to our new place at 7:30am the next morning, as the movers were due to arrive between 8-10am. They showed up at 9:30 and were done by 1:30pm. The appliances we ordered arrived on Saturday, so everything is up and running! Praise the Lord. Many thanks to Brad for helping Aron unpack and move furniture around on Saturday morning! And although I had to wait around on my birthday yesterday, Verizon Fios TV and Internet was installed and is now up and running. Hooray! There are still several boxes to unpack and pictures to be hung, but it is most assuredly starting to feel more homey. Pictures forthcoming.

And yes, I turned 29 yesterday and realized that both this year and last year's birthdays sneaked up on me because we had just moved. Last year we celebrated by eating Lou Malnati's pizza in downtown Chicago and seeing a movie, while talking about Maggie's upcoming arrival. This year I cooked dinner in our new home (southwestern pork stew, homemade cornbread and gingersnaps for dessert). Lest you think that Aron dropped the ball, I actually told him I wanted to cook. In the last 5 weeks of transition for us, we have literally eaten out 2 dozen times, so I was itching to eat homemade goodness. I love to cook, so this was a treat for me. Plus, he was in CA for one day Monday to Tuesday and when he walked in on Tuesday night, he had a Banana Republic box in his hand--my hubby *totally* knows how to shop for me! A new outfit and it all fits--grey cords (the comfiest pants I now own), and a white hoodie from BR, a navy tank to wear under the hoodie from American Eagle, and a grey scarf from The Limited to accessorize. I loved it all. And yesterday, while I waited for the Verizon guy, I got a bunch of well-wishing phone calls from family and friends, read emails with birthday greetings, and opened a few gifts I had gotten in the mail. It was a good day overall. I am amazed to be one year shy of 30. I'm never sure what age "feels" like, but being 29 feels no different than the last few years. I know I have matured as a person in many ways over the years, but at the same time I still see myself as being in my early 20s. I think. Thanks to all who helped make my day so special!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday you young thing! Glad you had a good day and did exactly what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to know what age "feels" like, just ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Suzanne! And congrats on getting so much done, I feel a little tired just reading about it! I'm so happy for y'all.

    P.S. I'm glad you're back! Blogging isn't the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new post!! Woo hoo! :) Happy Birthday!! :) Glad to hear that you are all moved in, and things are going wel1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a delish meal that sounds like suz, perhaps cooking light? ;) and aron did a superb job of buying you awesome birthday threads...you must tell him i am extremely impressed! (could roby and aron possibly be metrosexuals? :) glad you are settling in and have your phone and internet connected...that definitely helps in feeling, well, connected! good luck with feathering your nest, and i can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a new post! I've missed reading your thoughts. I'm glad you enjoyed your b-day. I love all the things that A bought you and how great (and very un-stereotypically male of him) that he can buy clothes and know that you will like it.

    can't wait to see new pics. i know you are busy settling in and prepping for mag's party in just a few short weeks.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday, Suz!

    It's crazy - I'm exactly one day older than you (assuming the dates on the blog are correct, and your bday is 11/7/78). If you ever need me to impart my infinite wisdom - just let me know. *insert huge eyeroll at myself*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthdy again, sista! I'm glad you had a good day--and felt loved and cherished. Can't wait to see pics of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOUSE PICS HOUSE PICS HOUSE PICS!!! so glad all is up & running. have fun tweaking it all & settling in. xoxo

    ReplyDelete