Saturday, November 17, 2007

new observations

Maggie has a favorite cuisine--Mexican food. The beans. The rice. The tortillas. Any samplings we give her off our plates. Tonight she scooped up handful after handful of all the above, getting the messiest we have ever let her get. She also got this very glazed-over look as we sat outside on the patio of the restaurant; it was hysterical.

Also, in the last week I have noticed that she purposefully pulls books off her shelves and "reads" them, albeit upside down (every time!). She kind of "talks" to herself, too, as she turns one page or a chunk of pages. It's wonderful to watch her start to make this her own! Tam, you'd be so proud. :)

We miss the band; Maggie has a huge goose egg on her forehead. She looks alot like Auntie Shannon when she was little (picture forthcoming).

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to feed Chase "real food." I noticed in a previous post that you used the Super Baby Food book. Did you ever do Tofu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, that book is really wonderful! I have a few emails from friends that we passed back and forth that simplify some of the information, so if you want them, let me know. We just started Mags on tofu a couple of weeks ago. It's worked as a good "thickener" in her pureed foods; she seems to like the chewing and extra texture. We gave her some by itself and she spit it out. :) Perhaps if you start Chase on chunks before he can get too picky that might be good, but otherwise, I say mash it in w/ anything you make and it's a great protein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe LOVES mexican food too! :) Then again, what doesn't Zoe love to eat? LOL.

    She has a goose egg -- meaning that she fell down? Check my blog later, and see what happened to Zoe last Thursday! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I can almost envision Mags stuffing her face. So nice that she has some new things that she likes to eat. And I love that she totally likes "reading" on her own now - so cute! Snap a pic of it if you can.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started giggling when I began reading this. How adorable she must be talking to herself...mimicking mommy. A girl after my own heart!
    When will you begin reading her HP? I would give her about a month to get comfortable with the reading. You know, don't push her too much. Then by the first of the year she can start book club.

    ReplyDelete