Friday, November 30, 2007

weekend

Tonight, we are headed up to OKC for a brief over-night and Saturday with my family. My grandma finally joined my grandpa in the assisted living center on Thursday. This is a huge praise and a huge relief to all involved. Grandma has been in a nursing home/rehabilitation center since the middle of August, allowing her ankle to heal and doing PT several days a week. It's been extremely stressful and difficult on all involved. My grandpa has been residing in assisted living for about 1.5 months and has really thrived--his meds are given on time (he is a diabetic), he is eating 3 solid meals a day, is making new friendships, has activities to do, etc. We are hoping he and Aron can play a few games of pool.

I'm looking forward to seeing them, although it will be a short trip. We will go back up once all my family come to Texas for Christmas. I'm looking forward to the drive with Aron, time with family, stopping for fried pies across the Oklahoma border, and hopefully, having my aunt (who is an amatuer photographer [she just won 2nd place in a photgraphy contest in the state] take our Christmas card picture. I have our outfits all picked out, so hopefully the weather will cooperate with us somewhat (rain is predicted most of the day tomorrow).

Maggie is taking several unassisted steps daily now, it's fun to see her progress. She is liking more and more foods, lights up when Aron comes home (says "Dada!" and gets all giddy), enjoys tossing Tupperware from her drawer in the kitchen, makes it a habit of daily de-shelving all of her books, meticulously choosing which ones to stop and look at, and likes to "cluck" her tongue. I especially love how she reaches for me everytime I come into the room.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Christmas card picture - I hope the weather cooperates!

    Love the little Mags updates - ADORABLE! My faves were the "clucking" and how she de-shelves her books and stops to look at her faves. Precious.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! the 'cluck' sound...too cute! love that girl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe has been clucking her tongue for a couple of months now! :) She loves to copy us to! :) It's very cute!

    Have a great short trip in OKC. :) Glad to hear the good news about your grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great that Gabe & Maggie are so close in age. They are so similar in the things they do (clucking tongue, pulling down books, choosing which ones they like). So fun!

    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry your trip here was so short. Maybe we'll catch ya next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry i forgot to answer your pumpkin carving question!! Yes, i really did carve those pumpkins, but of course, i had much help from some great patterns. I found them on pumpkinglow.com It's a cool website with a bunch of patterns for all seasons - check it out. They even have patterns for carving watermelons rather than pumpkins, should you be yearning to carve something outside of pumpkin season...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work with the walking Mags - keep it up! I hope your holiday pic turns out great. My cousin's family showed up to our Christmas after Thanksgiving party in matching outfits from Gymboree. I had to laugh when my cousin's husband, an artsy journalist, said, "Yes, my outfit is from Gymboree."

    ReplyDelete