Thursday, January 21, 2010

back to normal

It's been almost a week since I've turned the corner into the "feeling good" stage of pregnancy: hooray for the 2nd trimester! I don't take for granted that I am a woman who only feels poorly in the 1st trimester. I've known a number of women who've thrown up their entire pregnancies, or have been on bed rest and I feel grateful that I can be "me" again after the 1st trimester. I am enjoying my kids anew, feeling like I can let my piles go and not get freaked out, and overall, just give myself GRACE as a mom. It's a good, good place to be.

6 comments:

  1. Praise God for second-trimester relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I can hardly believe you are already in your 2nd trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better!

    It's bittersweet for your far away, friends, though to realize how fast time passes when we're missing the day to day stuff....

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for that March 2nd appt!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. yipee...again. So want to see you and have coffee...insert sad face. Maybe we should plan to both be drinking some coffee and talk on the phone. hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete