Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dinners

This is one aspect of our daily lives that I am still adjusting too...finding time to make meals for us. If we ever have more children and live in an area where friends bring us meals, I will never forget it! I can see how invaluable this is to a new family. Less you think I'm complaining about the fact that we don't know many people, I must write that my friend Rachel (my roomate from Bible college back in '97) lives here and brought us a yummy dinner on Monday--cheesy chicken with broccoli and rice. Many thanks! We also have 2 other friends who have said they'll bring dinner in the coming weeks, for which we are grateful. Last night, I found the time to cook a recipe that Aron and I love; we hadn't eaten it in a few months. From the ever-useful and wonderful Cooking Light magazine, Roasted Chicken Chimichangas are a hit (thanks, La, for the recipe)! I recommmed them highly--very easy, very tasty, healthy overall, and makes great leftovers. Yum! Make and tell me what you think.

5 comments:

  1. I remember feeling overwhelmed by trying to take care of a baby and be a functional housewife too. You will get there and it's okay if some nights it's soup out of a can.

    Shel is going to pinch me for spoiling it, but I can't help it--I'm no good with suprises! but the Smith&Bolden catering service will be paying you a visit this weekend - so clear up some space in your freezer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love, love, love cooking light suz! thanks for convincing me to get a subscription a few years ago ;) we will definitely try this recipe...have you tried the curry chicken salad from cooking light i sent you? so good in the pitas and pretty easy to throw together.

    i hope meal planning gets easier...i remember it being a challenge for us too. some time when you have time :) you could make a big batch of chili or veggie beef stew, a super large lasagna, etc. and freeze single and/or two serving portions, for on the days you don't have time to cook and just want to warm something up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming to cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried that recipe tonight and it was YUM, YUM, YUMMY! Thanks for sharing! :) Take it easy my friend and eat frozen pizza. hee-hee. Enjoy your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alisa, Glad you guys enjoyed them. Tasty indeed.

    La and Shel, thanks for cooking us several good meals. You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete