Sunday, January 28, 2007

I made it!

Aron is back and while I was sure he was going to get caught up on his sleep (to which I'll admit I was a bit jealous), he actually had an exhausting trip. Between driving out to Garland twice to see friends for dinner and preparing his presentation, my hubby got very little sleep on his business trip out to Texas. He arrived safely last night, back into the throws of parenting. He did an excellent job staying connected to me via phone--we talked several times a day and I was able to keep him updated on Mags and my emotional state. The time alone with her went very well and we only had one major meltdown on Friday night. Shelley and Randall came over and brought dinner--deep dish pizza and 2 quarts of Oberweiss as a special treat! We watched some TV, then Randall left and Shel and I hit the sack. On Saturday morning, Shelley gave Mags her morning bottle at 7:30 and allowed me to go back to bed for an hour and a half. Later, we headed to the nearest Half Price Books, grabbed a Starbucks, and perused the selection for over an hour. With our arms full of purchases, we left and came back home. Randall picked her up shortly thereafter, and I only had a few more hours alone without A. I did a few house-related things while Mags napped, then it was time to pick him up from the airport.

Thanks for all the prayers, phone calls, and love in general. I could feel it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Suz! I am so glad you made it through that time! It's great that you have friends that are there for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a successful weekend! So glad all went well. Just who are these Shel and Randall people? They sound like excellent people to be friends with! :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete