Thursday, January 25, 2007

What the next few days hold

Aron left about 20 minutes go to fly to Dallas for training for work. He returns on Saturday night. Needless to say, I was not too happy when his overnight trip turned into a 2 day trip. I'm not looking forward to going at it alone these next few days, but alas, I must. Shelley has been so kind to come over tomorrow night to spend the night and hang out. I know the moral support will be an extra boost of confidence for me. I also know that I'll come out of this time alone just fine, but looking on this side of it, it seems overwhelming and exhausting. Thankfully, Mags is really doing quite well overall. We've been scheulding her feeding/waking/sleeping and she's following it like a champion. We do have our moments of hard feedings and short naps, but still, Maggie seems to be a happier baby because she is well rested. Nights esp. are some of her best time (late night and middle of the night, that is), so I hope this will ring true while I am the single parent. However, if she has moments of hysteria in the coming days, as she does every couple of days (for who knows why), little encouragmets bolster me from hour to hour: her sweet smell when I wake her up to eat, her smiles when I read to her or play with her, her coos and sweet noises she makes when playing in her crib. I'm postive the Lord plants these along the way to give new moms a boost.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Shel are going to have a slumber party! You will make it through these next few days - I will pray for good days with Mags and her schedule and such.

    JB left me with E for 2 days when she was about 4 weeks old. It definitely was a little scary at first, but you get through it and it will only give you more confidence for the future.

    ReplyDelete