Monday, May 21, 2007

crafty


I believe I have mentioned that I am a part of a book club here in Chicago. We had our first meeting last week and it was my book pick (Peace Like a River). I made magnets with my favorite quotes from the book and gave them away as momentos of the story. They turned about pretty good, ifI don't say so myself. I enjoyed the process of creating them and they were well-received. I need a super cutting system like my friend Patty has, but for free-handing them, not too shabby (just don't look too closely).

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous, I love Downcome....I'm glad it worked out perfect! Hugs to you my friend....R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, yeah for downcome and your suggested fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work ms. crafty pants! what a great idea to create a momento for the book! bravo! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool - you know you set a high standard for the rest of the book club. Crafts for each book are required! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great book...and I think you gave it to me. So fun that you have a book club out there. They are so lucky to have you, especially with you themed gifts. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you're making the rest of us sweat now. :)

    ReplyDelete