1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
moved twice, let my daughter ride a horse alone, organized a friend's kitchen for pay (and LOVED it), gone as long as we did this year without seeing my sister and parents.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i think i did pretty good; i always try to keep them simple and measurable. i'll have to post mine for 2009 soon.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, what a year!
Allison: Charlotte on January 10
Lindsey: Shelby on January 20
Melisa: Vanden on January 25
Elicia: Evangline on May 18
Shannon: Jacob on May 31 (her birthday!)
Laurie: Audrey on July 18
Heather: Olive on July 24
Karissa: Hannah and Alysah on September 16
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? lots of in-country travel, but none out
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? nothing jumps to the front of my mind at the moment.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? finding out we were pregnant with our little boy!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting pregnant, watching Maggie grow, learn, and internalize what we are teaching her, Aron and I continuing to learn what God wants for our family
9. What was your biggest failure? probably, the never-ending 2 steps forward, 1 step back in my spiritual journey with Christ
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nope, nothing serious
11. What was the best thing you bought? Maggie's big girl bed? I'm not sure
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Aron, for continuing to work in a job that he is not passionate about, while going to school and loving and supporting his family
13. Where did most of your money go? moving expenses, mortgage/rent, food, travel, bills
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? being pregnant again, moving on campus at DTS
15. What song will always remind you of 2008? as much as I love music, I cannot think of one that stands out
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? happier, though not sure I was more sad last year...
17. What do you wish you'd done more of? worked out more
18. What do you wish you'd done less of? indulged in eating sweets...sigh
19. How did you spend Christmas? with family in Oklahoma
20. What was your favorite TV program? The Office, Heroes, Bones, 30 Rock, Fringe
21. What was the best book you read? Cold Tangerines
22. What was your greatest musical discovery? "Horse Feathers" and "Whitley"
23. What did you want and ended up getting? a KitchenAid mixer and a surprise 30th birthday party
24. What was your favorite film of this year? "The Dark Knight"
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? the big 3-0 and I mentioned above what happened. :)
26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? if Maggie was potty trained (i'm actually fine with the fact that she is not, but well, it would make life alot easier now)
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? jeans, casual tops, flip flops, and of course, maternity clothes
28. What kept you sane? my husband and close friends
29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? i'm not sure why i can only think of the past few months, but off the top of my head i sure did enjoy Robert Pattinson of "Twlight." He's dreamy. :)
30. What political issue stirred you the most? the election, though not nearly like it should have
31. Who was the best new person you met? my neighbors, Molly and Bethany
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: God has us each on our own life journey, no two people will have the same story. And often, we have to take steps to get back on the path to pursue our passions.
33. Who would you like to see respond to this (and would most likely do it)? Quite a few of my friends, so in no particular order: Laurie, Shannon, Linds, Mel, Celeste, Amy, Renee, Allison, Shey, Bailey, Leslie C., and Liz